Tech Xpress

Download YouTube videos in different formats with Vixy

There are much easier ways to download videos from YouTube, but the downloaded videos are in Flash video (FLV) format which can only be played by few media players, notably VLC player.
More often than not, you'll want to convert those videos into a different format. So this would mean using more software on your machine.

Enter Vixy.net! What does it do?
First of all, it can be used to download YouTube videos. The second and the important thing is, Vixy.net is a free online Flash video converter. It can convert a Flash Video(FLV) file to MPEG4 (AVI/MOV/MP4/MP3/3GP) file online.
You can then download the converted file.

How to convert a video?
A no-brainer! Just provide the YouTube video url, select a format that you want to convert to, and click Start.
Vixy.net will convert the video and provide you a download link.

If you enjoyed this post, you can.....
Subscribe for updates by email, its FREE
Subscribe to Feeds

Related Reading:
View/Recover deleted Youtube videos
Get all popular videos from different sites in one place
Search videos from popular video sharing sites
Set a video as your wallpaper

Labels: , , ,

posted by Vijeesh Ravindran, Friday, April 27, 2007


4 Comments:

Hi there,

I wasn't even aware of other methods for downloading videos! I've always simply embedded YouTibe clips into my blog with their enbed feature.

BTW, I stumbled across your site from another listing you as part of the technorati favs exchange.

I've already added you to my favs.

My username is fastfastlane, and link to my fav is
http://technorati.com/faves?sub=addfavbtn&add=http://www.fastlanetransport.ca/blog

Cheers!
fastfastlane: Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog...
Also thanks for the add..
I have faved you too..
www.krojam.com/download.php
Krojam allows you to search/browse/watch and download video from YouTube in 1 click.
Comment by Anonymous Anonymous on December 11, 2009 at 11:56 PM  
vixy gave me no sound though : (