Tech Xpress

How to Search through Firefox Bookmarks

No, I won't be giving some detailed steps to search all your saved bookmarks in Firefox. That would be a waste of time when a Firefox addon can do it pretty easily.

Advanced Bookmark Search is a Firefox addon that lets you search saved Firefox bookmarks by name, url, description, all etc.

Why and when would you need to search your bookmarks in Firefox?
If you have saved too many of them in your Firefox Bookmarks menu, looking for a particular one could turn out to be quite a messy and time consuming experience. Always happens with me!

Who would want to search through Firefox bookmarks?
Bloggers are the first that come to my mind. My Firefox browser has close to 400 saved bookmarks. Yeah! I'm good at saving bookmarks, but lazy at writing posts. This addon is a must have for me.
Would you use this addon?

If you enjoyed reading this post, you are welcome to
Subscribe to Feeds
Or
Subscribe to the Tech Xpress email newsletter for free

You may also want to check out these posts:
Access your Firefox bookmarks from other computers
Export/Import bookmarks in Firefox
How to export Firefox Live Bookmarks to Google Reader
How to send pings to blog ping services using bookmarks
posted by Vijeesh Ravindran, Wednesday, July 18, 2007


2 Comments:

Comment by Anonymous KenNet on April 2, 2009 at 2:53 PM  
Except that that add-on installation does not work anymore. I was happy as long as it did, but after getting FF version 3 I was done for.

I then reverted back to FF 2 just because I was practically addicted to that very function, but now nothing under the sun can be installed anymore.
Hi,

You may use the Tidy Favorites program which provide
Search Through Bookmarks